[kde-russian] Fwd: RFC: Semi-Freezing Docs

=?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?=
Пт Фев 22 05:40:53 MSK 2002

Вот письмо, из которого ясно, что глубокий message freeze для
документации начинается со вторника, 26 февр. Для сообщений он уже
давно объявлен.

Все, что будет переведено до 7 марта, войдет в выпуск 3.0.

Однако фраза:
> Assuming tagging for the final RC is still scheduled for the 4th of
> March, and the Final for the 8th

говорит о том, что могут быть и изменения в сроках (понятно, в какую
сторону :).

This is a forwarded message
From: Lauri Watts <lauri на kde.org>
To: kde-i18n-doc на mail.kde.org
Date: Friday, February 22, 2002, 12:13:38 AM
Subject: RFC: Semi-Freezing Docs

Here's a proposal to cut down the number of inconsequential fuzzies (the
ones that correct errors in the english docs, but are not affecting the
translations, other than taking much time to mark done.)

Assuming tagging for the final RC is still scheduled for the 4th of
March, and the Final for the 8th:

Free-for-all until say, 10pm Monday evening UTC (25th February), and we
generate templates then for all the documentation.

After that, *only* factual content changes are committed, those that
change the meaning of the document, and therefore need translating.

Any other changes, spelling corrections and markup fixes, send a patch
(cvs diff -u)  to kde-doc-english list, and I will collect them all,
and apply them on the day before tagging (at this point, that would be
the 7th of March).  By that time, the languages that are to be released
will already be selected, and this last large set of commits will be
only those which don't require re-translation.

This should settle the documentation down greatly, I know the fuzzies
I've been creating must be an enormous task to keep up with, and I know
most of them are not affecting the actual translation at all.

FYI: Large documentation changes I know are coming include the FAQ (lots
of small changes) and kdeprint, which is getting another rewrite, but I
hope to have an initial version for translation by Monday.

Any objections, or exceptions please speak up now.    If the above is
acceptable, I'll post it to the -devel lists, so hopefully those
developers who work on their documentation apart from the docs team
will take notice.  Note, this doesn't apply to KOffice docs, which are
on a separate schedule.

Finally, this is similar to what we did for KDE 2.2.2, and it seemed to
work quite well.  If it works out nicely again this time, I'll try to
get these dates added to the official release schedule for the next
time round.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts