[kde-russian] Fwd: Kilt - KDE I18n & L10n Tool

=?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?=
Пн Июн 24 12:18:20 MSD 2002

Посмотрите, по-моему, стоящая вещь, чтобы объявить о ней на сайте KDE.
KDE как всегда, впереди всех по крутости... :)

Гриша

This is a forwarded message
From: Jay Cornwall <jay на evilrealms.net>
To: kde-usability на kde.org
Date: Sunday, June 23, 2002, 8:06:40 PM
Subject: Kilt - KDE I18n & L10n Tool

Hi

A couple of weeks ago on the kde-usability list, I discussed the possibility
of an integrated country/keyboard/language selection tool for KDE, in a
similar vein to KXKB. Well, the result is here, and it's called Kilt (the KDE
Internationalisation and Localisation Tool).

My original idea was to develop this as an alternative to KXKB, for people who
needed extra control over l10n on their desktop (for example in Internet
cafes). After looking into the KXKB and KCMLocale code, I decided that it
wouldn't be possible to integrate proper keyboard selection in this way.

Since then I've been working on Kilt as a replacement for KXKB. Kilt retains
all of KXKB's functionality, while extending it to handle also country and
language selection. Screenshots can be found here:
  http://www.evilrealms.net/files/kilt.png

And a tarball containing the program here:
  http://www.evilrealms.net/files/kilt.tar.bz2

And mirrors here, in case my connection goes down (as it often does :/ ):
  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~jlc01/files/kilt.png
  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~jlc01/files/kilt.tar.bz2

Have a look at the screenshots, and give Kilt a whirl if you've got the time
(it's a fairly short compile). I'd like to hear the KDE users' and
developers' comments, and whether or not you'd like to see it as part of KDE.

If there is interest, I can produce a tarball as a drop-in replacement for
kdebase/kxkb. As Kilt retains all of KXKB's functionality, it's an easy
transition for the user (all of the changes are hidden in the popup menu,
whilst the external operation remains the same) but a useful one for people
who need these features.

If on the other hand, you'd prefer that I didn't add these features to KXKB,
just say so. Although I've put quite a lot of work into Kilt, the amount I've
learned from writing it has been worth the effort alone. :)

Happy coding. :)

Cheers,
Jay