[kde-russian] Fwd: KDE 3.0 - The road ahead

=?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?=
Вс Мар 24 21:35:10 MSK 2002

This is a forwarded message
From: Dirk Mueller <mueller на kde.org>
To: kde-core-devel на kde.org
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2002, 12:52:21 AM
Subject: KDE 3.0 - The road ahead

Hi,

I've just finished creating RC4. you can check it out from CVS by updating
with this command:

cvs up -rKDE_3_0_RELEASE

I suggest the following schedule:

- Testing it till sunday evening. I will then regenerate the tarballs
  labeled as KDE 3.0 final and pass them to the packagers on monday
  morning.

- There will be no automatic "sync tag with HEAD" any more. Any change
  in any released module != kde-i18n will not be included in KDE 3.0 by
  default. The tag will only be moved by _me_ when there is a critical
  and tested showstopper fix.

  Currently the only showstoppers I know about is the missing locolor
  version of the splash screen and the Java applet problems.

- kde-i18n will be synced with HEAD for generating the final tarballs, so
  that translators have time to finish their translations.

- After the final packages have been generated, I will branch CVS in
  KDE_3_0_BRANCH and HEAD. KDE_3_0_BRANCH will be closed for bigger
  feature commits, it is intended as stable-bugfix branch only. The HEAD
  branch will become KDE 3.1.

  I do hope that KDE_3_0_BRANCH is the main development branch after
  3.0 release. It is supposed to be released as 3.0.1 approximately
  a month after 3.0 release with assorted bugfixes.

- If anybody wants to step up as Release coordinator for HEAD or
  KDE_3_0_BRANCH, please mail me privately.

Suggestions, comments, opinions welcome,

Dirk

eek, forgot to mention:

arts has the release tag ARTS_1_0_RELEASE
kdevelop has the release tag KDEVELOP_2_1_RELEASE