[kde-russian] Fwd: [Jamin] several notes on CVS version

Alexandre Prokoudine =?iso-8859-1?q?alexandre=2Eprokoudine_=CE=C1_gmail=2Ecom?=
Чт Дек 2 20:15:18 MSK 2004

Как быть в таком случае?

С.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jack O'Quin <joq на io.com>
Date: 02 Dec 2004 11:00:00 -0600
Subject: Re: [Jamin] several notes on CVS version
To: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine на gmail.com>

Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine на gmail.com> writes:

> > Anything containing a plural noun, AFAICT.  What happens if there are
> > two?  Must we break those up into two "messages"?  Or, should each
> > noun become its own separate message string?
>
> 1 msgid and several msgstr, IIRC.

No, I meant two plural nouns, like...

   ("Sit %d feet and %d inches from the speaker.", n_feet, n_inches)

Many English-speaking programmers would probably ignore the "1 feet, 1
inches" case, just to keep things simple.  Or maybe write something
like "inch(es)".  Being irregular, "foot/feet" are especially
problematic.  Some non-standard English dialects use "foot" in the
plural on occasion, like "He is six foot, three inches tall."

Human languages are slippery, but endlessly fascinating.
--
  joq