[kde-russian] Fwd: [Portland] dapi-0.1
Ср Мар 15 18:26:56 MSK 2006
Ответ на вопрос, а где же, собственно, польза и код от проекта Portland :)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak на suse.cz>
Date: Mar 15, 2006 6:21 PM
Subject: [Portland] dapi-0.1
To: portland на lists.freedesktop.org
Yeah, yeah, it's here :).
Source code, anonymous access:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs на cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/portland co portland/dapi
(I'll even tag it as soon as I recall how to do that.)
It should be usable by now and eagerly awaits your testing ;).
As for documentation, there's Bryce's README (with some updates) and there
are some docs in doc/ :
API.txt - that's the abstract API description
C-API.txt - documentation of the C bindings - NOTE: It very clearly shows
that I suck at writing such stuff. It's awful, any help there is welcome. You
should probably rather start with
C-HOWTO.txt - describes how to actually use it in applications in a way
that's hopefully even possible to grasp (I tried). Refer also to what's in
tests/ for some examples.
The plan of actions now is:
- there will be some volunteers to try it out (required)
- download source code, build as said in the BUILD file
- study the docs, ask if needed
- try to use it for real (for now run manually the generic or preferably KDE
daemon - generic doesn't implement all calls)
- it should generally work just fine, there should be nothing "unfinished" or
"experimental" that would seriously affect the functionality
- what you should ship with your app is the app (plus whatever it needs) and
possibly the generic daemon as a fallback (if you decide so, see the section
in C-HOWTO.txt), nothing else
- distros should ship daemons (for now they should be simply separate
- final step: provide feedback (badly needed)
Besides the standard "How do you like it? What's wrong? What's right?" etc.
question I'm especially interested in:
- What more (generic) API calls would you want?
- Do some of the API calls need changes?
- I know the C bindings are bound to suck, but do they at least suck
acceptably or should it be done differently?
- When are you going to use it for really real :) ? If not, what's stopping
Hmm, all for now I guess. Let's see.
PS: You scripts people should perhaps hurry up a bit, because if you don't, I
may be fully ready even before you, including wrapper scripts ;) .
SuSE CR, s.r.o. e-mail: l.lunak на suse.cz , l.lunak на kde.org
Drahobejlova 27 tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz/
Portland mailing list
Portland на lists.freedesktop.org
Подробная информация о списке рассылки kde-russian