[kde-russian] Fwd: KOffice Documentation help (was Re: koffice docs status)

=?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?mok_=CE=C1_kde=2Eru?=
Ср Июн 18 19:42:59 MSD 2003

This is a forwarded message
From: Lauri Watts <lauri на kde.org>
To: kde-i18n-doc на mail.kde.org
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 7:39:04 PM
Subject: KOffice Documentation help (was Re: koffice docs status)

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 16.37, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> V St, 18. 06. 2003 v 16:07, Lauri Watts napsal:

<snip>

> I didn't realize I had set up a different
> day for documentation freeze (which makes no sense as we speak about
> it). But given the obvious fact that the documentation is unmaintained:
> does anybody plan (or planned?) to work on them?

Documentation freeze date is always some time after the message freeze date,
it's very hard to write anything when the GUI is being rearranged underneath
you all the time.   Many writers don't even start until the message freeze.

Jonathan Drews had offered to help with some of this, I'm posting also the
doc-english list as a call for help:

KWord doc is largely done, but Mike is not available to work on it anymore, so
it needs more or less a final proofread and any updates from the last few
weeks.

KSpread is taken care of by Pam Roberts, but I'm not sure of the status of
that, so, CC'ing Pam too.

KChart and KFormula are taken care of by Jonathan Drews, and are ok as it
stands.

Kugar is written by it's own developers.

Kivio has no documentation at all (it never has, and we were previously
'discouraged' from providing any - I guess this situation changes now with a
new maintainer.)

KPresenter is probably the one with the most work to do, and I was going to
have a go at cleaning that up myself in the next few weeks.

If anyone is looking for something to do, this is a good place to start,
please follow up to this on the doc-english list.