[kde-russian] Re: [Kimdaba-i18n] Translated every single string, but there are english strings left in GUI

Oliver Dörr =?iso-8859-1?q?oliver_=CE=C1_doerr-privat=2Ede?=
Пт Сен 2 12:54:44 MSD 2005

Rinse de Vries wrote:

>Are you sure that it is a bug?
>For instance, if your po-file from current svn is newer then the installed
>kimdaba, the application will show english strings due to incompatibilties
>between the application version and po-version.

Of course i'm not sure, it would be great if someone could recheck my
findings. But i'm pretty sure that my po files as actual as could be.
I'm using script that check the latest KimDaBa versions from SVN, they
also check the .po and .pot files and merge them automatically so that
changes that are till now not moved from the pot to the po files are
already moved on my files. Before i send such a mail i usually wait als
a few days and make a second check-out. If the problem still exists in
the new version, when i'm comming to the conclusion that there is
something going wrong ;-) Regarding thiose two findigs, i initially
checked out KimDaBa last weekend and made an update yesterday. I've
translated the whole po file and the problem is still in the GUI. I
could even not find the english strings using search.

>Other possibility is that the untranslated strings come from another location,
>like an incomplete translated kdelibs.

could be, for example the complete sub-menu digital camera is not
translated. Also the hint that my datbase is still not sorted.

Oliver