[kde-russian] ошибка в переводе KTorrent

Andreev Sergei seajey.serg на gmail.com
Вс Ноя 8 22:32:18 UTC 2009

> Дорогие пользователи Kubuntu (если такие есть среди получателей рассылки),
> пожалуйста, примите активное участие в обсуждении в списке рассылки
> ubuntu-translators и на встречах переводчиков в IRC, иначе подобные случаи
> будут повторяться независимо от воли переводчиков KDE.

Согласно проекту TIMELORD в kubuntu 10.04 предлагается вообще отказаться от
использования переводов с Rosetta:

"For the reasons mentioned above, the Project Timelord team has deemed that in
Kubuntu's current state, using the Launchpad Translations system is counter-
productive to achieving the goal of a localized, human KDE experience. During
the Kubuntu 9.10 development cycle, a concentrated, cooperative effort between
Kubuntu and Launchpad developers occurred to try to improve KDE translations
in Kubuntu. Great improvements were made to this point, and while we
appreciate the time and effort the Ubuntu Translations team has taken to
improve the current situation for Kubuntu, we must face the facts that given
current developer and translator resources that Kubuntu is unable to use this
translation architecture in a productive manner.

Fortunately, KDE offers localization of excellent quality for many languages.
We advocate the use of KDE's translations, abstaining from modifying the text
of KDE applications until we can recruit and build a Kubuntu translations
community that can translate these changes properly.

To recruit a new translations team, we will announce the indefinite
postponement of the use of Launchpad and translate Kubuntu applications in
their bzr repositories, generating PO templates for translators to use with
their favorite translation applications. Once a translation community begins
to form and grow, we can consider re-allowing a conservative modification of
strings in the core KDE modules, with most string changes being discussed and
pushed upstream rather than changed early in Kubuntu. We will then generate a
single PO template for these strings, which will then be added to the Kubuntu-
specific PO template as required.

If in the future it is the consensus of the translation community that their
job would be better served and made easier by using the Launchpad Translations
interface for translation work, we will re-evaluate the technical implications
of once again using Launchpad Translations. Since the translators are doing
most of the work, we want to retain them at all costs. The ultimate decision
will be left to the translation community. Forcing a system that nobody wants
will be more detrimental than not using the system at all, despite the
technical benefits it may bring.

We do realize that switching translation systems is no small task. Therefore
we will experiment with the changes during Kubuntu 10.04, and will chose the
path that will yield the greatest benefit for Kubuntu 10.04 in the short run.
Even if we end up not being able to feasibly switch from Launchpad
Translations for Kubuntu 10.04, the option will still be kept on the table for
the future."

Источник:  http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfc7xjfj_18g8k5ztg4